Monday, July 03, 2006

We Expect it

WiFi. Wow. Here I am in a coffee shop, waiting for a prospective partner and I discovered, (actually my Apple iBook G4) discovered that they have WiFI. They never used to. I was avoiding this place because they didn't have "it". Oh yea, I could have gone to Starbucks, and paid the day pass with T-Mobile, for $9.99 but why do that when WiFi is free almost everywhere??? What a big country! Actually, for those of us that travel the Interstates of Iowa, almost all rest stops on I-80 and I-35, have free WiFi. They've had "it" for a long time, even before this coffee shop that I am. I will have to say something to Gary Mier, who runs Friedrich's, www.sirfriedrich.com. Oh, did I mention that it is free? My good blogging friend, Mike Sansone, reminded me last week, that Panera Breads, were first amoung eateries, that first offererd WiFi for free. Oh, and another thing, don't let the cellular companies sell you on a WiFi card. if you can agree with to meet with clients, prospects, colleagues, in locations that offer free WifI, or secured networks, that you can access, than seize those opportunities first. In another three years, "it" will be free and plentiful all over this big country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home