Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm leaving on a jet plane

In a few weeks, I'll be taking a trip out West, for business and pleasure. Like most Americans, I've been thinking about the plans more than I've been getting my home cleaned. later tonight I'll probably purchase my tickets online. I've been checking, orbitz.com, kayak.com and the individual airlines as well. Lots of choices. I can go non-stop, (most expensive but most relaxing--providing you enjoy praying mantis seating on a regional jet (CRJ-700-900s). I can skip though a hub airport like Denver, Dallas or Chicago. I prefer Denver but they don't have free Wifi, and I think DFW does but thats not important when you're at a real hub city like these. The real activity besides eating is watching planes and people. We had seriously thought about driving over to Omaha and taking WN, or Southwest either non-stop or going through LAS. LAS has a good airport, and fairly good plane watching, that is, is you like looking at Southwest. The 737s are cool but they tend to look alike unless you see the Shamu or NBA plane. Oh, BTW, my favorite website is www.airliner.net. if you like airplane photos, they have the ultimate database.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home